Top innovative devices for smog solutions for healthier and cleaner air in India
India is experiencing a serious problem with air pollution, particularly in its larger cities like Mumbai and Delhi. Millions of people are in major danger of catastrophic health problems due to the harmful levels of smog. As per the World Health Organization, air pollution ranks fifth among the major risk factors for mortality in India, contributing to about 1.6 million preventable deaths annually. In India, burning crops, industrial processes, car emissions, and domestic heating and cooking are the main causes of air pollution.
While the government and civic society are tackling the underlying causes of air pollution, people can also take preventative measures against the damaging impacts of smog. Using cutting-edge technology to enhance the air quality in both indoor and outdoor spaces is one method to do this. In India’s smog-filled cities, these devices can make breathing easier.
1. Air Purifiers:
- Essential indoor appliances and air purifiers remove allergies, pollutants, and toxic gasses to create healthier andcleaner air. Those with respiratory issues can benefit most from them. The Realme TechLife Rmh2019 Portable Room Air Purifier (Rs 3,999), which has a three-layer filter system and a smart app for remote monitoring, is one of the best reasonably priced alternatives for usage at home.
- The Samsung AX32BG3100GGNA Portable Room Air Purifier (Rs 7,255) has a digital display that provides real-time updates on air quality and a four-stage purification system. HEPA and activated carbon filters are used by the Xiaomi Smart Air Purifier 4 Lite (Rs 10,999) and Dyson Pure Cool Me (Rs 19,990) to remove over 99.95% of contaminants. While the Dyson model has a special airflow projection technology that produces a concentrated stream of filtered air, the Xiaomi model comes with a smart app.
2. N95 Masks:
- To protect against hazardous PM2.5 particles, which pose serious health hazards, N95 masks which are renowned for their capacity to filter out at least 95% of airborne particles are essential. Users can avoid breathing in dangerous contaminants by wearing these masks, which are especially helpful during periods of extreme pollution. In India, the most popular N95 masks are the Dettol Cambridge N95 Mask (Rs 799), the 3M 8210 N95 Particulate Respirator (Rs 299), and the Honeywell N95 Anti-Pollution Mask (Rs 249).
- In addition to having a nose clip and ear loops for comfort, the Honeywell mask has a three-layer filter media that may stop bacteria, viruses, and PM2.5 particles. To improve particle collection, the 3M 8210 mask combines sophisticated electrostatic media in conjunction with a two-strap construction and cushioning nasal foam for a secure seal. With a valve to lessen heat and moisture build-up inside the mask, the Dettol Cambridge mask has an adjustable fitting system and a five-layer filter system.
- Devices called humidifiers, which raise the moisture content of the air, can lessen airborne pollutants and relieve dryness in the nose, eyes, skin, and throat a condition that is frequently made worse by smog. The Dr. Trust Home Spa Luxury Cool Mist Aroma Oil Diffuser and Humidifier (Rs 1,999), the Philips Series 2000 Humidifier (Rs 8,999), and the Dyson AM10 Humidifier (Rs 34,900) are some of the best humidifiers for use at home.
- The Dr. Trust model has a 7-color LED light for ambiance and adds moisture and is sent to the air using ultrasonic technology and an aroma oil diffuser. The Philips Series 2000 has a HEPA filter and NanoCloud technology to purify and humidify the air. It also has an intelligent sensor that adjusts humidity automatically. The Dyson AM10 has a smart sensor for optimal humidity maintenance, an air multiplier for cleaning and humidifying the air, and a sleep timer for controlling the length of the machine’s operation.
4. Personal Air Purifiers:
- Wearable technology called personal air purifiers is gaining popularity as a way to make the environment around the user cleaner. Utilizing ionizers, fans, or filters, remove air pollutants, which is especially helpful when traveling, working, or exercising in contaminated areas.
- The AirTamer A310 Personal Rechargeable and Portable Air Purifier (Rs 9,999), the Philips GoPure Compact 110 Air Purifier for Car (Rs 6,999), and the Airvida L1 Wearable Air Purifier (Rs 14,999) are some of the best personal air purifiers available in India. The AirTamer A310 has a 150-hour rechargeable battery life and emits negative ions through an ionizer to neutralize airborne contaminants.
- Designed for cars, the Philips GoPure Compact 110 has an automatic switch-on and a filter replacement indicator. It uses a three-stage filtration system to eliminate PM2.5 particles, smoke, dust, and pollen. The Airvida L1, a wearable bracelet or necklace, draws contaminated air in via a fan and filters it to eliminate PM2.5 particles, germs, and viruses.